POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH POSITION
Application deadline: 11/15/2018
Hire date: Immediate
Duration: 32 months
Location: Salamanca, Spain
PROJECT AND INSTITUTION
Institution: Institute of Biomedical Research of Salamanca (IBSAL), Salamanca, Spain.
Research group: multidisciplinary, dynamic and competitive, with a solid scientific career, with a translational strategy and extensive experience in knowledge transfer and relationships with companies in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors.
Project title: Research, development and validation of a new theranostic system for cancer.
Funding: RETOS-COLABORACION Programme. Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities. Spain.
- PhD in Health Sciences. Solid background in experimental oncology.
- Experience in project coordination, autonomy and leadership.
- Certificate of use and handling of experimental animals.
- Experience with animal models of cancer and metastasis.
- Experience in cell cultures.
- Experience in analytical techniques (Western blot, ELISA, PCR, etc).
- Knowledge of good clinical practices for the management of human samples.
- Development and management of databases.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
Additional information and CV submission:
Francisco J. López
923294500 ext. 1444
CANDIDATES ARE LOOKING FOR REQUEST 3 PREDOCTORAL RESEARCH CONTRACTS
Institution: University of Salamanca – Institute of Biomedical Research of Salamanca (IBSAL)
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF CV: 11/20/2018
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
– Carlos III Health Institute
– Castilla and leon meeting
– Institute of Biomedical Research of Salamanca (IBSAL)
RESEARCH GROUP: dynamic and competitive, with international projection and trajectory of scientific translational research in the area of physiopathology, diagnosis and treatment of renal and cardiovascular diseases, and extensive experience in knowledge transfer and relationships with companies in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector. It has a multidisciplinary technological platform. More information at https://trecard.com/
CANDIDATES: Graduates in Health Sciences (Biology, Biotechnology, Medicine or Pharmacy). Essential requirements:
– Be enrolled in a Doctorate Program
– Have a good academic record of the degree (> 8.5 out of 10).
Interested, send CV to the contact email address.
Additional information about the offer: 923294500 ext. 1945, ext. 1444
DO YOU WANT TO START A PROFESSIONAL CAREER IN THE RESEARCH FIELD?
TRECARD seeks young researchers like you. If you are a graduate (or are in the last courses) in Biology, Pharmacy or Biotechnology, and you are planning your career in research, PLEASE CONTACT US (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TRECARD is a multidisciplinary research group formed by professors and researchers of University of Salamanca (See Members), dedicated to the development of innovative diagnostic and therapeutic applications in the field of RENAL AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES.
The TRECARD researchers constitute a Recognized Research Group (GIR) of the University of Salamanca, a Consolidated Research Unit (UIC) of the Junta de Castilla y León, and are part of the Biomedical Research Institute of Salamanca (IBSAL).
WHAT INVESTIGATION TRECARD DOES?
Our basic technology is Physiology, Physiopathology, Pharmacology and Toxicology applied to the knowledge of the mechanisms of cardiovascular and renal diseases, and to the development of innovative diagnosis and treatment systems. We do applied and translational research that includes basic and clinical research with criteria of preventive and personalized medicine.
Our group deals with research from all levels:
- Molecular biology: genetic engineering, directed mutagenesis, studies of genetic polymorphisms, western blot, ELISA, RT-PCR, qRT-PCR, sequencing, phosphorylation, molecular imaging …
- Cell biology: cell culture, cell bank, transfection, electroporation, signaling, apoptosis, cell cycle, proliferation, migration, oxidative stress, scarring, contraction, live cell microscopy, immunofluorescence …
- Omic: proteomics, metabolomics
- In vivo studies: hypertension, diabetes, inflammation, cancer, scarring, chronic kidney disease, renal fibrosis, acute renal failure, kidney transplant, genetically modified animals
- Ex vivo, in situ: Doppler laser, histology, cytometry, myography, telemetry
- Studies in patients
TRECARD is the founder and coordinator of an international consortium made up of institutions and companies from 8 European countries and USA. that integrates technologies complementary to ours, such as systems biology, mathematical and computational modeling and pharmacogenetics in pursuit of common objectives in the area of health (DisMOD Platform).
HOW IS THE WORK IN THE TRECARD LABORATORIES?
The TRECARD laboratories are located in the Departmental Biology Building, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, of the University of Salamanca (laboratories S03, S15, S16, S17, S18, S20, 223-26).
Personal development and generational change are essential aspects in any human activity, which at TRECARD we take care with attention. Currently, TRECARD is a group of 30 researchers. The pleasant working environment and the good coordination and collaboration between all the members of the group create the ideal environment for the training of new researchers and for the development of a professional research career. We also have a Training Program for Young Researchers that adapts to the personal circumstances of each researcher.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A YOUNG RESEARCHER?
- Fundamentally, interest in science
- Very important (but not exclusive), good academic record
- Capacity for teamwork
- Imagination and enthusiasm
- Desire for improvement
HOW DO I START MY RESEARCH CAREER IN TRECARD?
To start your career as a researcher, you have the following possibilities:
If you are in the penultimate year of your degree, you can start research through the Collaboration Scholarships (Ministry of Education), which allow you to have a remuneration and perform research tasks compatible with the studies of your last year of your degree.
If you are in the last year of your degree, or you are already a graduate, you can do with us:
- Final Degree Projects (TFG)
- Final Master’s Thesis (TFM)
The next step is the realization of a Doctoral Thesis. For this, there are the following predoctoral contracts:
- Contracts of the Carlos III Health Institute
- Contracts for the Training of University Teachers (FPU), Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness
- Contracts of the Education Counselling of the Junta de Castilla y León
- Contracts of the University of Salamanca
- Contracts with private foundations
- Contracts with companies
In all these steps we can help you. For most of these contracts, it is necessary to have a good academic record (> 8.5 out of 10). But if your record is less than 8.5, we will advise you, according to each personal circumstance.