The unit of TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH ON RENAL AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES (TRECARD) is a multidisciplinary group dedicated to developing innovative and clinically useful diagnostic and therapeutic applications for renal and cardiovascular diseases, mainly acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease and hypertension.
TRECARD researchers belong to the Salamanca Biomedical Research Institute (IBSAL) and the University of Salamanca (USAL), both Spanish institutions.
To develop innovative, clinically useful diagnostic and therapeutic applications for renal and cardiovascular diseases, hitherto poorly handled, mostly bereft of effective tools, and posing an elevated health and economic burden, with theranostic, cost-effectiveness, preventive and personalized medicine and telemedicine criteria.
We are devoted to generating a preventive and patient-centred medicine based on integrative, multidisciplinary and pluritechnological knowledge.
- Solid experimental preclinical research
- Work under standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Translational advocacy for clinical application
- Technology development and transfer
- Multidisciplinary and integrative vision for synergistic consortium and network research
- Continuous educational policy for generational turnover
- European knowledge society scope