TRECARD promises to respect any personal data you share with us, or that we get from other organisations and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Developing a better understanding of our supporters through their personal data allows us make better decisions, fundraise more efficiently and, ultimately, helps us to reach our goal of financing research activities. We have made improvements to this policy to make it more understandable to supporters, especially around our policies on data-appending, profiling and screening. You can find out more about this below.
What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details, as well as information relating to your health or personal circumstances.
We collect personal information from you when you ask about our activities, register with us, make a donation to us, fundraise on our behalf, or otherwise give us personal information.
We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as if a family member or friend contacts us on your behalf, or if a fundraiser passes on your details to us. We may also combine your personal information with other information we collect from third parties (eg for fundraising purposes).
TRECARD treats your contact with us as confidential unless there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass this information on to a third party such as the emergency services.
How do we use your information?
We use your information in the ways set out below.
- We use your personal information to give you the information or support you ask for.
- We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our policies.
- We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
- We use your personal information look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use your personal information to claim Gift Aid on your donations.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell your details to any third parties, but we may sometimes exchange your personal information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud and credit risk reduction. We may also share information with our financial and legal advisers for the purposes of obtaining advice and protecting our legal rights.
TRECARD is responsible for collecting your personal information.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, TRECARD cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
The TRECARD website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Privacy and our Online Community
Our Online Community is moderated and we do not display the full names of individuals nor addresses.
When you post personal information on a discussion board on our Online Community or other messaging board on the Website, your information is publicly accessible. Such information can be viewed online and collected by third parties. We are not responsible for the use of information by such third parties.
When contributing to a discussion we strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal information that can be used to identify you (such as your name, age, address, name of employer). We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our Online Community or other public pages of the Website.
If you’re 16 or under
If you’re aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on the Website.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You can request access to any information we hold about you by contacting us at the above address. Equally, please let us know of any changes at the above address.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated March 2017.
How do I contact share?
Campus Miguel de Unamuno
Phone: +34 666 598 125